Sunday, May 18, 2008

Blogging Mistakes

A weblog or blog (derived from web + log) are a form of website. Blogs make having a simple website easier. Bloggers are free from web design. Simply write, click a button and it's posted for all the world to see and read on the internet.

I've been surfing the web.. there are hundreds of articles and guidelines on how to write a blog. I realize that i am making all the “mistakes”.

How do I build a better blog? Need I?

I don't really care if other people reads it or not (yeah right!). Am just trying to share what I come across the web. Whatever interests me. Things that I find funny, cool, informative, 'karut'..

I will allow these mistakes on this blog:

No theme to this blog
People read blogs on a consistent basis if they are interested in the topic. I will have none. I'll post whatever I wish.

No author biography
Its not like am doing a business blog. I probably don't need a full-fledge 'about' page. Readers may want to know who they are dealing with. But for now I'd like to remain somewhat anonymous.. haha.. but you know my full name, and has it's own domain too!

Non descriptive post title
Hmm.. I'll try to make content scannable. But I wouldn't know how to make good headlines. Will work on this later..

Links that don't say where they go
Should I provide predictive information in either the anchor text itself or create link titles? Huh.. come on. Everybody knows how to check where it will go.

Use insider or regional talk
Ok per.. Tak kisah la sgt kan?.. Bole paham la gak skit2..


So what if it's internally focused? :P

No comments: